How can you create Spotify playlists using ChatGPT?
Spotify is one of the world’s most popular music streaming services, and now you can combine its power with ChatGPT’s AI to create unique and custom playlists. In this guide, we go through in detail how you can do this.
1. Getting started: creating a ChatGPT account and logging in
- If you do not already have a ChatGPT account, please go to the ChatGPT website and register.
- Sign in to your account.
2. Update ChatGPT+
ChatGPT+ is a premium version that offers additional features such as Spotify playlist creation. Upgrade your account to ChatGPT+ to enjoy this and other features.
3. Deployment of beta features
- Go to the GPT-4 section of the interface.
- In the bottom left corner you will find the “Your account” tab. Click on it and go to settings.
- Find “Beta Features” and activate the “plugins” option. This allows you to use and install various add-ons.
4. Installing the Spotify plug-in
- In the chat view, you will notice the text “No plugins enabled” below. Click on it.
- This will take you to the Plugin Store. Search the search bar for “Spotify” or “PlaylistAI: Spotify”.
- When you find the right add-on, click “Install”.
- Next, you need to connect your Spotify account. Log in and give the necessary permissions to allow PlaylistAI to create playlists for you.
5. Activate the Spotify add-on in a conversation
- Once you have installed the add-on, go back to the GPT-4 discussion.
- Make sure the Spotify add-on is active. If you see the Playlist AI image, you are ready to continue.
6. Creating a playlist
- Start a conversation with ChatGPT and give them instructions on how to create a call list. For example, you could ask “create me a playlist of relaxing music” or “I want a playlist of the best rock songs from the 90s”.
- ChatGPT and PlaylistAI will analyse your request and create a custom playlist directly in your Spotify account.
Once you’ve given the command, ChatGPT and PlaylistAI join forces to create an automatic playlist for you directly in your Spotify account.
Enjoy the music!
Once your playlist is ready, you can listen to it directly on Spotify. Let AI surprise you and find new favourites!
Summary: The combination of ChatGPT and Spotify offers a new, innovative way to enjoy music. Use this guide to make the most of these tools and personalise your music listening experience.